Terrace furniture are designed depending on different elements. Some furniture materials are good during wet climate, others on dry climate and others on the warm climate. For each furniture material it has, its own style, maintenance level, strength, durability and performance in a particular climate. For you to choose the best furniture material to use on your terrace you should consider the following factors.
Aluminum is one of the materials used in terraces. It is known for its resistant from rust and moisture as compared to other metals.The powder-coat on it adds more protection from any element which can cause damage.
Benefits of aluminum material
- Its lightweight makes it easy to move from one point to another.
- It is easy to maintain.
- It is the best resistance from rust and moisture damage.
- It has added protection from the powder-coat on it.
- It is easy to clean.
Wood is used as furniture material in almost the whole world. But when it comes to outdoor furniture, it has some specific types of woods which are recommended and best to use due to their softness, durability, and degree of weather resistance. The most commonly used are teak or eucalyptus and hardwoods such as cedar and pine.
Benefits of wood furniture
- Some woods like cedar and acacia have natural weather resistance.
- Teak and eucalyptus are easy to maintain and can last long if are well cared for.
- Teak and oak wood are moisture resistant.
Recycled plastic is a material which is used for terrace furniture’s. In style and performance, it is ranked as one of the topmost used materials. It is known for its firmness, durability, resistance to moisture, cracking, rust and fading. Plastic furniture is mostly recommended where movement is much experienced from time to time.
Benefits of recycled plastic
- It is easy to clean.
- It has natural resistance to moisture and fading.
- They are cheap to install hence does not require painting.
- It requires less maintenance.
- Plastic furniture is lightweight.
- Plastic furniture is much comfortable.
Wrought iron is the type of material used mostly in a windy environment since iron is heavy and wind-resistant. It has different designs, colors, and styles that one can use. It is not recommended to use an iron for your furniture if you will be moving from time to time due to its heaviness. Iron furniture can be made in two ways: welded and bolted.
Benefits of wrought iron
- Its heaviness makes it firm and stable with no threat against any strong wind.
- It has a powder-coated which further protects it from moisture.
- It is easy to install.
Mosaic is a type of furniture material that uses tiles, marbles or other natural material. It is heavy and has a beautiful look with different colors and designs to fit the outdoor living as well as dinning. As compared to other furniture materials, the mosaic requires a high level of care for it to extend its lifespan.
Benefits of mosaic
- It creates lovely pieces of art to the environment.
- They are easy to maintain.
- Mosaic can last for long if well kept and maintained.
Cushion is a new way to make furniture for the new look of terraces. It is quite a bit expensive. when choosing cushion fabric, you need to look for an outdoor design that is resistant to the moisture and stains. Cushion fabrics are not easy to maintain and cannot last for long if it is not handled with care.
Benefit of cushion fabrics
- It is much comfortable.